Linens, Ruffles, and Flowers...Oh MY! | Days of Chalk and Chocolate

Linens, Ruffles, and Flowers...Oh MY!

Share It:
I don't have a lot of space right now to get my craft on or to decorate. We aren't really decorating our apartment because we are hoping to be out of it and in our house soon. So I have to settle for decorating someone else's house and luckily my sister is a willing victim participant. I fell in love with this wreath at  http://jonesdesigncompany.com/decorate/a-spring-wreath/  and decided I would try my hand. I actually combined two of Emily's tutorials. I used the wreath for my wreath but I used her flower tutorial here  http://jonesdesigncompany.com/create/5-days-of-favorite-projects-day-1/  for the decoration.  Isn't she wonderful?  I just love her style!  I wish I could invite her over for coffee when I buy my new house and secretly find out what she would do to make it look stylish. Or not so secretly. Maybe I'd just come out and ask her in between cookies and Andes candies.

So this is what I came up with: 








I used remnant fabric for the flowers so I think I paid under $2 a yard for the polyester satin. I bought the beads from the clearance bin for under $0.50. The fabric is linen for that lovely unfinished look and wasn't on sale but I only needed about a yard and a half. I stitched the ruffles on the sewing machine but you can easily just baste stitch them by hand and pull them into a ruffle. It wouldn't take that much time and effort.  Then it was just wrap and hot glue and wrap and hot glue....

And yes, I glued the flowers on the wrong side and yes all the ruffles are going the wrong way. Do as Emily says and not as I do. 

Cheers!

Jenny

13 comments:

  1. Simply beautiful! Thanks for linking to Wicked Awesome Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's beautiful! Good luck in your new home. I'm visiting from Handy Man Crafty Woman.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love it. So pretty and delicate. I never would have noticed that they were facing the wrong way. I think it looks just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's pretty -- and never say you did it wrong! Say you did it YOUR way. It looks lovely.

    All the best ... Cass

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is cute! Despite what you think, I think it looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think this turned out so cute! There is so much texture! I have a party going on over at my blog if you want to join! I'd love to have you! Check it out under the "Stache Party" page on my blog: mylilpumpkinpatch.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this! Linen is one of my favorite fabrics! Thanks for linking up to craft and tell

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is very sweet! And no one would know you did it any way but perfectly!

    I'm your newest follower.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your wreath is simply splendid! Thanks for the inspiration and for joining the Pinkalicious Thursday Party! Hope to see another fabulous creation this week!
    XOXO,
    Tasha

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super cute wreath~ love how it came out!! Thanks for sharing at Feathered Nest Friday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Another cute wreath, I love this one too. I am now our newest follower and can't wait to see what treasures you come up with for your new house. I'd love to have you stop over to my blog sometime too!
    tiarasandbowies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this wreath also! I just learned how to make those pretty satin flowers, so it's fun to see them used in a different way than hair bows:) I'm now your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments!