Halloween Banner! It's Still Summer... | Days of Chalk and Chocolate

Halloween Banner! It's Still Summer...

Share It:
but Happy Halloween!  If you've been in any craft store or Homegoods lately you'll know that Halloween is over, Thanksgiving is done, and Christmas is right around the corner. So in the spirit of being totally sick of the holiday by the time it actually arrives I present to you my first Halloween project in the first week of September.

I am going to try to take better pictures tomorrow. I borrowed my sister's mantel to take these pictures so I'm heading over there in the morning to take more pics, hoping the light will be better. We'll see.  And in case you can't tell it says "Bewitch" with two witch hats on either end. The funny part is that Jim and I spent the better part of 20 minutes trying to decide which letter of the stencil set was the uppercase "I." We're still not convinced. Frankly, the "I", "J", "F" and "Z" were all about the same figure. So maybe it says Bewjtch. Or Bewftch. Or Bewzch.









I wanted it to look like old, faded, fraying fabric, almost as if I had found it in an old trunk in a haunted house or something. Thanks to my inability to sew very straight seams and my laziness in ironing the fabric I think I achieved my objective. Bravo! I used a stencil and fine tipped sharpie because I wanted it to look a little faded and it bled a little on the linen and it looked perfect for what I had been going for. And I didn't use the word "Bewitched" because I didn't want anyone to think I was paying homage to Samantha from Bewitched because she is not a spooky witch at all. Spooky witches don't live in the suburbs, I'm almost sure of it.

So hopefully I'll have some better pictures for you later on this week.  And I'll work on putting a little tutorial together as well.

Cheers!
Jenny

6 comments:

  1. That is so cute! I can see what you mean about the "I". I'm so excited for Halloween and can't wait to get some projects posted. Thanks for stopping by my blog. I would love it if you joined my link party that runs every Monday-Friday. :)

    - Megan
    www.polishthestars.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, sorry I realize that you already joined my link party. What I meant to say was that I would love it if you linked up this project, too. I don't think my coffee has kicked in yet. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! You are one awesome gal!!! And the fireplace and mantel are gorgeous, too. The person who lives there must be very talented...I love the simplicity of the items on the mantel.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it! The stenciling looks great. The sunflowers you made with paper are adorable as well! I am a new follower:)
    www.karismaheartsavannah.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute banner! I am so ready to put all of my Halloween stuff out! Thank you so much for linking up your fab banner post at Savvy HomeMade Monday and I hope you will come back and party again!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments!