House Progress Pics | Days of Chalk and Chocolate

House Progress Pics

Share It:
I'm sore. I'm tired. And I'm super excited and happy.  All of our hard work is paying off and slowly the house is starting to feel more alive.  These are pics of where we are right now and I took them late last night so the lighting isn't great. And nothing is dramatic but our families read this blog and they like the play-by-play!  This was the main level when we bought it.

Now:
KITCHEN: Wallpaper removed, walls scraped and washed, spackled, sanded, and primed.
It feels like new dry wall.  It had never had anything but the wallpaper on it.

Kitchen picture window in the eating nook

Cabinet side. Hoping to prime the cabs today.

FAMILY ROOM:  Brown trim and brown paneling is primed.
It already makes a huge difference. Fireplace is still brick colored, sadly.

Fireplace and built ins

Door to laundry room

I get that these aren't too interesting.  But my mom and father-in-law will be happy to see them!  : )

These are some upstairs pics that I haven't posted yet.  I know you all covet my new bathroom decor.  I'm already planning my submission to BetterAfter.blogspot.com.

MAIN BATH:  Blue sponge painting that is flaking off.
Jim has to smooth it all out before we can paint.

The medicine cabinet is horrible and doesn't work.

What can I say?  It is what it is!

MASTER BEDROOM

Side with master bath

These are the window coverings. I am pretty sure they were running a
dust sanctuary in this house. I guess abandoned and injured dust mites could
come here to seek refuge and a lifetime of being safe from Pledge and Swiffers.
MASTER BATHROOM: I know, I know.

The floor isn't as bad as it appears in the pics, actually.

And the bedrooms are all basically the same. Large white boxes with wooden floors. They are all a nice size though!

But this is why we bought this house:

BACK YARD




You can see our pod peeking through the trees, lol!





And doesn't this look like a mushroom from a fairy tale or something?  It's huge. Probably 8 inches tall.  I had to take a picture.



Spending the day at the hardware store!  Have a great Wednesday!

Cheers!
Jenny

3 comments:

  1. i can't wait to see more! and i am so jealous of that bathroom, you know it! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just found your blog. Love it. The floor is not bad, but my eyes won't leave the vanity. What did they do to it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with her...the vanity is shocking. Can't wait to see what you do with it.

    Krista
    www.kristasewinspired.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments!