I'm having a blog block | Days of Chalk and Chocolate

I'm having a blog block

Share It:
I started this blog as a hobby, something to do. And to be honest, I'm feeling empty lately!  I have ideas but haven't implemented anything. I don't have any great projects to show, no fabulous rooms, nothing. I hate feeling like this but I just don't know what to blog about lately.  What's been going on here?  Ellie is not happy about pooping, Molly's behavior in school has improved to near perfect levels, Jim is working hard, my house is a mess, I'm trying to lose weight,  I have been subbing here and there, Pixie needs a haircut.

Big whoop. Why can't I feel jazzed lately?  How do you snap out of a lull?  Or do you ever even get lulls? I'm lulling.

I don't even have much to say on this subject!  Guess I'll go back  to watching How To Lose A Guy In 10 Days.

Maybe this weekend will inspire me and I'll be overflowing with interesting things to write about. But for now, I'm empty!

Cheers!
Jenny

5 comments:

  1. It's winter. It's very difficult to stay motivated when it's cold, not much sun, and you want to take a nap! Your motivation will return...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenny... #1 It's winter. Who doesn't get depressed? #2 Everyone goes through this, they just don't admit it. :D I took 3 weeks off the last time I felt that way. All my followers understood and I was honest about needing a break, so they knew where I was. Blogging had become a chore and it wasn't fun anymore. All it took was taking a step back, reprioritizing things, and BAM! It came back. Now, I blog when I want and when I have something to share. It is so much better that way! Promise! (And I got my love of blogging back! BONUS!) We, as women, put a lot of pressure on ourselves - in being wives, mothers, volunteers... Don't let blogging become another thing that you pressure yourself about. Let it be what it's meant to be... A fun hobby! You always share great things and inspire us all... Don't let the pressure of blogging get you down! Love ya, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been feeling the same way for the past few months. I have no motivation at all. Some days I will force myself to work on a project and blog but it's not enjoyable. I have tons of ideas but no desire to do anything! Don't beat yourself up about it. Maybe you just need a break. The cold gray days of winter don't help either. I'm sure you will get your motivation back soon. : )

    Lori
    Thrifty Decor Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm relatively certain that's called life. Don't stress too much, it happens to us all. Even those of us without kiddos! If you think you need to take a break to recharge, then do it. You could also ask for some guest posts once a week for a few months. Do what you need to do to take care of you and your family. We'll still be here when you're back full to the brim with fabulous ideas!
    ~ Arianne
    Changing My Marbles

    ReplyDelete
  5. I so wish we lived near each other! We could try to lose weight together (I don't know about you, but I'm built VERY much like a LaCasse!), Hank and Ellie could be little buddies (with Caroline tagging along after, of course!), and we could craft together. Sounds so great!

    I love reading your blog, and I'm confident you'll get your mojo back. :) Actually, since I'm writing this two weeks after you published this blog post, I'm pretty sure you already have!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments!