DIY Paper Mache Topiaries | Days of Chalk and Chocolate

DIY Paper Mache Topiaries

Share It:
Don't you love topiaries?  I have been wishing for a pair to put in my dining room for spring/summer but I could not bring myself to put out the money. They can be so expensive and frankly, don't look all that great. The larger ones I wanted at Home Goods were $40 each. I will not spend $80 on fake, plastic whatever.

So of course what does a good DIY/craft blogger do?  Decide to remake them in her own vision, you say?  Don't mind if I do!  Here are my finished products!




I'm so happy with them. They cost me about $12 each using basic craft and dollar store supplies. So much better than $80, right? I made the spheres out of paper mache!  I didn't even want to spring for the foam balls. I'll post a tutorial this week too!




 



 In other news, I have a wicked cold. I feel awful and I just haven't had the energy to blog or even check in with you at your blog. I have barely been on the computer for days. I have emails to catch up on as well. Sorry if you haven't gotten a response back to your comment or email yet.

Cheers!
Jenny

10 comments:

  1. I LOVE these! They look better than most of the ones I've seen for sale!! I'm excited for a tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Saw your post over @ Sweet Little Gals. Love your topiaries! I am going to try and make me some. Visit me sometime @ www.crosson5.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. From one Jersey Girl to another:I saw your topiaries on Pinterest. I like your's much better than the expensive ones!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, great job! Can't wait for the tutorial!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are awesome! They look so expensive too. Great work!
    Jenny
    Www.simcoestreet.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cant wait for the tutorial! they look great! If you get a minute, please share this on my linky party: http://suburbsmama.blogspot.com/2013/03/sunday-linky-party-1.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Clever you these trees are so much nice than the bought ones. I will be having a go once you are feeling better and can post a tutorial .Semding warm hugs down your way.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such an adorable project! I just wanted to let you know that I'm one of the co-hosts from the Ginger Snap Craft Wow Me Wednesday party and that I'm featuring your project on my blog!

    Missy Inspired
    http://missyinspired.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. anxiously awaiting the tutorial!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments!