Last Minute Christmas Centerpiece | Days of Chalk and Chocolate

Last Minute Christmas Centerpiece

Share It:
You can still have a pretty and festive table for Christmas!  Have no fear!  I put this centerpiece together in minutes with stuff I either had already or could find in the yard!

holiday decorating tablescape centerpiece
See that text filled wreath? Know what it is covering up?  Our unused exercise bike!  LMAO!  Talk about NOT staging.  And see that chair in the back?  It looks like it's losing it's underwear!  HA HA HA!  I want to change the fabric on that chair so I was trying out the new fabric to see if I liked it.  I would #reallifeblogger but # don't mean anything here. But you get what I mean, right? Oy. Moving on.
I used a heavy, good quality wrapping paper as a runner. It worked out beautifully since the natural elements tend to shed as they dry. After I was finished with it, I just wrapped it all up and chucked it!

I added plain white candles I already had and a little cypress tree I got at the supermarket as I was shopping.  Then I just went outside and cut different kinds of evergreen boughs. I layered them around the candles and I will be honest that it took me a few minutes to tweak them so they looked right.  The super human sized pine cones came from my Dad who collects them on the golf course and around his neighborhood. But those cinnamon scented ones that are in all the craft stores would work beautifully. I would just remove anything scented before you served dinner!

That's it!  You can add whatever you like!  Fake red berries would be so pretty or some cranberries for color. If you are lucky enough to have a birch tree close by you can put some white birch twigs in the mix. 

See?  If I can do this you can too! And the best part is that because you are putting it on wrapping paper you don't even need to build a fancy box out of wood or use a super long antique tool box or whatever. 


And for no other reason other than I enjoy showing the world how wonderful my children are, here is a picture from the first day of school back in September. My sweet little ladies!

Cheers!
Jenny

9 comments:

  1. I l-o-v-e your centerpiece!!! Another great job! But the BEST job you ever did was to produce those two beauties in the picture above.......xoxoxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea about the wrapping paper as a runner....love that idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww! Very sweet! Love her little arms out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so beautiful and simple to boot! Something ANYONE can do! I love it! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful centerpiece Jenny! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful girls! I like the idea of using the wrapping paper! -M

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's such a great idea to use wrapping paper as a runner. I never did that. Thanks for posting about it. And I like your centrepiece, so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a smart solution! It came out so pretty and elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wrapping paper as a runner is such a creative idea. It's simple yet so gorgeous. I love it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments!