Our Christmas Entertaining (So far!) and Cookie Exchange | Days of Chalk and Chocolate

Our Christmas Entertaining (So far!) and Cookie Exchange

Share It:
We have been entertaining more than usual lately. The Christmas mood has hit us and we've been able to spend two weekends with friends, both near and far!  I thought I'd share some pictures of the decor and food from those events and maybe you will be inspired to do a little holiday entertaining yourself!

Today's pictures are from a cookie exchange I hosted with some of my mom friends from our town. We each prepared 2 dozen of the same cookie and then we left with 2 dozen different cookies!  I served the Cranberry Champagne Cocktail, eggnog, some Prosecco salami with provolone cheese, chocolates, cookies of course, and a yummy spinach dip.  Now mind you, these are not staged photos and you'll see imperfections!




party entertaining

party entertaining



To make it easy, I used a pretty wrapping paper for the runner and just some pine cones and boughs from my back yard. I hit the pine cones with some spray snow too.  The wrapping paper was awesome because after the party I just wrapped it all up and chucked it!

I used little place cards to label the foods and drinks but also for everyone to write down the  name of their cookie! It worked so well!




party entertaining

 We ate the cookies and I forgot to take pictures!  Bad blogger!


Later that week we bought our Christmas tree. It is super chubby and I just love it!  I'll post some decorated pictures soon!

Cheers!
Jenny

2 comments:

  1. You always do everything so beautifully, Jenny! An awesome tablescape....and the tree is wonderful, even undecorated. It's perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is still awesome! LOVE the tree!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments!