Double Chocolate Mint Cookies | Days of Chalk and Chocolate

Double Chocolate Mint Cookies

Share It:
So I came across an old guest post I wrote a few years ago around the holidays and realized I had never shared this chocolate chip cookie recipe on  my own blog.  So here it goes!  Double Chocolate Mint Cookie Recipe (perfect Christmas cookie, by the way!) So without further adieu....

I bet you've been spending a lot of time in the kitchen getting ready for the holidays. I know I have!  And every  year without fail I bake my ultimate favorite Christmas cookie (next to Mallomars which I would never make at home. You can't make Mc Donalds at home and you can't make a Mallomar either but I digress) which are Double Chocolate Mint Cookies. I adore chocolate and I adore mint and I adore cookies. Winning all around!


christmas cookies chocolate chip cookies



Ingredients:
  • 2 1/2 cups butter, softened
  • 4 cups white sugar
  • 4 eggs
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
  • 4 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 1/2 cups unsweetened cocoa powder
  • 2 teaspoons baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips

Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
  2. Cream together, butter, sugar and eggs. 
  3. In a separate bowl, combine dry ingredients. Add to wet and blend until thoroughly combined.
  4. Stir in chocolate chips'
  5. Drop by teaspoonful onto a cookie sheet. Bake at 350 degrees F for 8-9 minutes.  The cookies will be soft but they will harden a bit as they cool. Cool about 1 minute on cookie sheet then remove to a wire rack to cool completely.    



dessert chocolate chip mint


If you don't care for mint you can substitute equal amounts of vanilla. And you can really add any chip you want or even chopped up Andes Candies. And if you sandwich vanilla ice cream in between and then roll the sides in min chocolate chips I won't tell anyone. It will be our secret. 

I hope you have a wonderful holiday and a happy happy new year! 

Cheers!
Jenny

1 comment:

Thanks for your comments!