Easiest Potato Soup Recipe Ever | Days of Chalk and Chocolate

Easiest Potato Soup Recipe Ever

Share It:
bacon potato cheese


If you have never had baked potato soup you have no idea what you are missing.  Think thick, creamy, velvety soup topped with bacon, cheese, and chives. It is as if you took the best part of baked potatoes and turned them into soup. So satisfying especially if you are living in the 7 circles of Hell we call "winter."



I want to share with you all how I make my potato soup but it really isn't a recipe so I hesitate to call it one.  This is more of a hack or a cheat.  Right!  It's a mashed potato hack!  Love that!


baked potato soup idea

Saute some chopped onions in some butter until they are soft. If you prefer your soup to be absolutely smooth you can just omit the onions. But I do like them.

Throw your leftover mashed potatoes into a saucepan.  Heat them over medium heat until they are warm and start to soften up. Now slowly add milk until you get a thinner, soup like consistency.  You can use whole milk if you want it to be extra velvety and luscious but I used 1% and it was fine. 

Cook, stirring consistently, until it is hot and bubbly. There...now you are done. Whaaaaat?  For real? I know that's what you are thinking.  Yup!  It is so stupid easy that you'll wonder why you never did it before.

You can top your soup with crumbled bacon, cheddar cheese, sour cream, whatever you enjoy eating on a baked potato!

easy soup idea

We dunked chunks of french bread into it and we had a salad on the side. It was super yummy. Had I had leftover broccoli I would have chopped it and thrown that in too.

In other news, we just came back from Disney World!  The girls had a blast and we went with some dear friends of ours that we don't see as often as we'd like so it was very special.  Ellie got to meet Elsa and she was so star struck she couldn't even speak which is an extremely rare event.   It is our last hurrah because our next big event will/should be a kitchen addition and remodel. Right. And I'm back to my pre-pregnancy weight.  Both are as likely to happen.


I'll post some pics soon of the girls in Disney World!

Cheers!
Jenny

2 comments:

Thanks for your comments!